The 2nd EPAL of Trikala has been a vocational school for 25 years in the prefecture of Trikala. Throughout this school year (2015-2016), 320 students are studying and 66 teachers are teaching general and special education courses.
Five Sectors with eleven specialties are operating in the school:
- Department of Health and Welfare (Specialties: Nursing Assistants, Early Childhood Assistants, Beauticians, and Hairdressers)
- Department of Agriculture, Food Technology and Nutrition (Specialties: Technician of Food Technology and Drinks, Technician of Crop Production, Technician of Animal Production)
- Department of Economics and Administration (Specialties: Clerk of Economy and Management in Tourism, Administration and Finance Office Clerk).
- Department of Applied Arts (Specialty: Graphic Arts).
- Department Construction (Specialty: Designer of Structural Works and Geoinformatics
The 2nd EPAL of Trikala has all the necessary laboratory facilities, greenhouses and cultivated land, computer labs, applied arts’ lab and drawing
boards. Students come from all over the region of Trikala and most of them travel long distances to reach school. A significant proportion of pupils are from socially vulnerable layers with low educational and economic level. Also 10% to 15% of the students are migrants.
The school has a big experience in european projects as coordinator and partner: comenius partnerships, LDV for students, LDV for staff, LDV partnership and Erasmus+ KA1 and KA2.
The staff is very experienced in European projects. Most of them speak English and many of them speak also Italian and German. They are familiar with the new technologies and very motivated for the European Projects. Many of them take part in European partnerships and often travel abroad for educational purposes.